Given the constantly changing VAT environment and the impact that VAT has on daily operations in multinational companies, a well-trained staff in accounting and taxes becomes a crucial step in reaching stable, accurate and effective day-to-day F&A operations.
Choose progress step
- VAT general
- Fundamental transactional trainings
- Advanced transactional trainings
- Country specific workshops
- Tailor-made workshops
This VAT session covers very fundamental rules of VAT. The goal of the training is to present basic definitions and principles of value added tax. Additionally the training focuses on presenting the fundamental VAT rules regarding EU goods and services transactions.
- General introduction to taxes
- Main tax-related definitions
- VAT – basic definition and principles
- How VAT works? – supply chain example
- Basic elements of VAT (taxable transactions, taxpayer, tax point, deductibility)
- Supply of goods
- CASE STUDY
Fundamental transactional training – International transactions in goods
Training on goods transactions in an international context. It includes extended information regarding goods transactions and builds a solid basis of fundamental types of goods transactions including an introduction to advanced VAT schemes.
- Intra-community transactions
- Triangular transactions – basics
- Export of goods (including direct and indirect)
- Import of goods (including specific cases where suspense customs procedure applies)
- Supplies, for which the acquirer is the taxpayer – introduction
- Supply with installation
- Practical observations regarding analysis of goods invoices
Fundamental transactional training – International transactions in services
Training on service transactions in an international context. It includes extended information regarding goods transactions and builds a solid basis before joining advanced transactional trainings.
- Place of supply of services – practical problems
- Transactions excluded from the scope of VAT (e.g. penalties, etc.)
- Determination of the place of supply of services (main rule and exceptions)
- Practical issues concerning real estate and training services
- Services provided by or on behalf of entities outside the EU – practical problems
- Practical observations on the analysis of service invoices
Advanced transactional training – Foreign VAT
The training focuses on the analysis of a small group of transactions, but carrying a real tax risk i.e. VAT invoices from the country where the customer is not established (such as the costs associated with participation in trade fairs and other events, the cost of hotels, passenger transport, rent transport and other cases where VAT has been charged by the foreign supplier).
- Review of place of supply rules
- Extensive analysis of B2B exception rules
- VAT risk and ways of minimizing it during invoice analysis process
- All possible taxation scenarios
- Collision of legal systems
- Examples of practical problems and solutions for foreign VAT invoices
Advanced transactional training – Input VAT allocation in multi-registered organizations
The goal of the workshop is to enhance the VAT knowledge in respect to proper allocation of input VAT within companies registered in multiple countries.
- General rules for place of supply – reminder
- Multi-registered entities – introduction
- Forms of presence for VAT purposes in EU: • Registered seat
- Fixed establishment
- Pure VAT registration
- Input VAT allocation – goods transactions
- Input VAT allocation – service transactions (place of supply main rule vs exceptions) ￼
- Practical scenarios
Advanced transactional training – Chain and Triangular supplies
The training focuses on the analysis of a small group of transactions, but carrying a real risk of tax – VAT invoices from the country where the customer is not established (such as the costs associated with participation in trade fairs and other events, the cost of hotels, passenger transport, rent transport and other cases where VAT has been charged by the foreign supplier).
- Chain transactions – definition
- CJEU rulings on chain supplies (EMAG / ETH / VSTR) – detailed analysis
- Guidelines for identification of chain supplies
- Triangular supplies – definition
- Legal regulations on triangular supplies
- Practical aspects of triangular supplies – VAT reporting
- How to recognize chain and triangular supplies?
Advanced transactional training – Domestic reverse charge transactions
The goal of this training is to integrate and strengthen your VAT knowledge with respect to reverse charge domestic transactions, including indication of country specifics that need to be considered in this type of transactions.
- RCM recap
- Reasons for introduction of domestic RCM and EU plans
- Standard RCM vs domestic RCM
- EU law on domestic RCM (obligatory and optional reverse charge)
- DOM RCM – supplies by foreign taxpayer
DOM RCM – supplies by domestic taxpayer • How to recognize DOM RCM transactions
Advanced transactional training – Transport transactions
The goal of the training is to focus on various types of transportation services. It also includes specifics of transactions performed by logistic & transportation providers that manufacturing sector deals with on regular basis.
- Types of transport transactions
- Transport services connected with supply of goods (definition, VAT treatment)
- Transport services as a separate transaction – analysis of different scenarios (definition, VAT treatment)
- Domestic, intra-community and international transport services – VAT rate impact
- Services related to transport (warehousing, packaging)
- Logistic / transport provider acting as custom agent – VAT implications
- Passenger transport
Country specific training – Accounts Payable
The module includes selected, the most important national VAT regulations focusing on its applicability to AP process. Trainings are designed for groups of max. 2 jurisdictions taking into account first of all the similarities in the applicable tax solutions.
National training sessions include in particular the following issues discussed individually for each country.
- VAT territory
- taxation of VAT group
- VAT invoicing rules
- VAT rates
- Non-deductible expenses
- Domestic reverse charge mechanism (applicable types of transactions)
- VAT reporting (main reports and deadlines)
- countries outside the EU – VAT solutions different from the general principles adopted in the EU
- other specific national solutions that impact AP process
Country specific training – General Ledger/VAT Compliance
The module contains the most important information necessary to perform the VAT reporting process. The practical formula of the training enables to acquire knowledge of local reporting rules.
National reporting training sessions include in particular the following topics discussed individually for each country:
- Introduction to local VAT reporting
- VAT return (e.g. box by box analysis, actual forms, correction, payment)
- Recapitulative Statement (e.g. scope, actual forms, correction)
- Other applicable VAT reports: local domestic listing, SAF-T.
- Intrastat – basic information
VAT Tailor Made Workshops
This training is prepared based on real cases provided by the Client.
- business flow analysis review
- VAT process verification
- analysis from the EU law perspective and guidance on handling the case